Monday, May 7, 2007

And the laptop stays

How comes that as soon as you swear to do something, there immediately crops up a serious reason why you won't do it. (As for the question of honour, I didn't swear anything, just seriously considered. :) )

So I was this hot to return the laptop and take a better one (and considered the compatibility with Linux this time), when the store I have it from halted me. Saturn, the German electronics supermarket, accepts exchanges only in under two weeks from buying... which I spent trying to make the damn thing work. Duh.

But now that they have refused me (and I wanted to get a more expensive laptop, so they wouldn't be harmed a lot anyway), I was kind of insulted. Well, not with me! I can't return it, and repairing the damn thing's DVD would take two weeks, which is too long for a serious addict.

I hadn't a problem with its performance, and the main issue was the broken DVD. And since I planned to spend some money anyway, I bought an external DVD burner, and it works fine. The other issues can be ignored... and so I'm back to Asus A9RP. There you go, Saturn. :->

---

Note to self: describe the necessary fixes and updates for Linux in comments to this post. Might be useful for someone out there.

No comments: